The Town Guide section (218 pages) has detailed information for trail towns and resorts including:
● Ley Map and Bear Creek Map location for each town/resort
● How to get to/from each town/resort
● Town Maps
● Maildrop Information
● Exactly what each town/resort has for resupply, lodging, restaurants, ATM, phone, internet, fuel, shower, etc.The Town Guide pages are printed on perforated paper, so you can remove these pages from the bound book and take them with you on the trail.
Vibrant images from Trauma’s treks will entice all readers of all skill levels to get out and enjoy the backcountry. You’ll learn why getting the right gear and learning outdoor skills are integral to making the most out of your next backpacking trip. Some topics included in this guide are:
* Gear advice, including backpacks, sleeping bags, tents, ultralight shetlers, and clothing
* Gear maintenance and repair
* Ultralight tips for novices to gram-counters
* Low-impact camping and hiking
* Campsite selection
* Hiking with dogs
* Navigating the backcountry
* Winter camping
* First aid
* Weather forecasting
* Advanced techniques for creating routes, cross-country hiking, fording rivers, multi-sport adventures, and animal encounters
Ultralight Survival Kit is the first book of backpacking tips that is itself ultralight! It focuses on all of the skills and techniques that hikers and backpackers would want at their fingertips while in the outdoors. Perfect for backpackers from beginner to advanced, this book contains:
Worst-case-scenario advice you’d want handy if stuck in a precarious situation.
Tips for the most common trail concerns, from lightning to blisters.
Suggestions for keeping your pack light or ultralight without sacrificing the must-haves
Topics like: how to identify/treat reactions to poisonous plants, how to handle animal encounters, how to identify animal tracks, how to build a fire, need-to-know essential knots, how to predict weather patterns, how to repair or replace gear with limited materials, and how to deal with the elements when you don’t have a lot of gear on your back